So I came into the gallery today and had an email from our friends Joel and Rita otherwise known as The Wiebners, amazing photographers in PA! We have been “tagged” This means that we have to put 8 facts about us on our blog, then tag 8 photographers to have them post 8 facts on their blog about themselves! What’s with the number “8” you ask? I have no clue! So here we go….
1. Paul is amazing! Of course I can post this, on MY blog, but believe me there are plently of others out there who agree too! I have to put a shout out there to say that I admire him, very much. Not just because he is an amazing photographer, but he puts forth 150% in everything he does. A man once asked him “so Paul what are you into right now” his response was “my wife” I am grinning ear to ear right now. As of today, he is “into” the stock market, hope he makes tons of money!
2. This is a little embarrassing, but we have a commercial espresso machine in our house! It weighs 250 lbs and is on my kitchen counter top! Good thing neither of us cook much because we have no counter space. Paul drove to South Florida one day to pick it up from a coffee shop that was closing down. Oh, and the worse part about this is we have freshly roasted espresso beans delivered to our house from Seattle every week, we live in Florida!
3. Ok, here is one on me, I love High School Musical! Well, we have two girls who are 6 and 10 and they are all about Disney Channel. I think it is so neat that Billy Ray Cyrus and his daughter have their own show.
4. Paul is a musician, he plays drums and is very good too! Just like everything else, he succeeds in this too. When we were married, we lived in a house that was built in 1906. It must have had 15ft tall ceilings in every room. Don’t get too thrilled, it was a dump! Paul had his drum kit in one of the rooms, you can imagine what the acoustics were like! You could hear him playing down the street.
5. Boy this is tough, we must be pretty boring, or it is hard to talk about yourself. Oh, we put a pool in this summer. It is fun, but a lot of work. Our girls love it.
6. Paul and I would both agree that we love our job. It is really amazing sometimes to think that this is what we do. I know you probably hear that all the time, but to live it is another thing! The most awesome thing is to see such beautiful venues and to travel to some great places, meet really great people, party with them for a whole day! The bummer is after the day is over, your friends leave Although we did make friends with one couple, Jen and Dan, who are form Manhattan. During the week of shooting for them, two years ago, we clicked! It was like “friends at first sight” We wrote back and forth over a year, then she became pregnant! They flew down here and we shot a maternity session for them. They had their baby girl, Sophia, in July. She is beautiful! Maybe soon we will get to visit them.
7. I am from Birmingham Alabama, and Paul is from New Orleans Louisiana. We met in 1992 here in Florida. His family lives here, he has a brother and sister who are also married with 3 kids each! So when we get together we have 8 kids all under the age of 10. The youngest is, well not born yet, she is due in December. So I just lied, we have 7 kids right now
8. Boy, last one. I will have to tag what our friend Rita said about Joel, her husband. I am an 80’s hair band freak! I rocked out to Turning Japanese by The Vapors, and Paul was a skater listening to Violent Femmes! Rock On!